Latest Dwarka Car Accident Leaves Delhi in Shock
The Juvenile Justice Board (JJB) has observed that the 17-year-old who was driving the SUV that rammed into a motorcycle and a taxi in Delhi, Dwarka, earlier this month, is ignorant of how precious life is.
This incident took away the life of 23-year-old Sahil Dhaneshra. According to the media, the Board noted that the teenager has no remorse over his crime during his appearance on February 4, after the fatal accident. It seemed he had no value for a human life.
Dwarka Road Accident: What Did The Court Say?
The order dated February 14, 2026, stated that, based on an enquiry from the CCL (Child In Conflict With Law), it appeared that the teenager had no understanding of human life and had no remorse for his act.
The Board said that the authorities sent the boy to a rehabilitation centre for proper counselling and for his safety.
What Does The New Video Reveal?
A new video of the February 3 hit-and-run accident near the Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management in Dwarka’s Sector 11 has surfaced on social media, highlighting the accident's repercussions.
The long-minute clip shows the crowd gathering at the accident site. They were seen in a heated argument with the 17-year old accused and his sister, and were not letting them flee. In the video, the sister states that the biker was travelling at high speed.
It also showed the serious condition of deceased Sahil, who was lying on the road with his bike, a R15 Yamaha. There was also a damaged Swift Dzire cab, which is said to have been hit in the accident.
According to the Delhi Police investigation, the video's authenticity has been verified.
Accused Teenager’s Father Offers Condolences to the Deceased’s Mother
Although the 17-year-old showed no remorse at his JJB hearing, his father at least showed humanity, offering condolences to Sahil’s mother and apologising to her.
According to media reports, he stated that he welcomes the judiciary's decision.
Accused’s Father Charged Under the Motor Vehicles Act
A report also states that the accused teenager’s father has been booked under the Motor Vehicles Act and is being held responsible by the Delhi Police.
According to him, he was in Gorakhpur when he received the call on February 3 about the news of his son’s accident.
PTI reports that upon hearing about his son, he immediately came to Delhi and obtained details from the police.
On knowing the death of Sahil by his son, he felt regretful and apologised to the deceased’s mother.
The accused father further said that he is ready to ask for his forgiveness from a mother who has lost her son, and will welcome the judicial decision.
Adding further, he expressed his inability to face her, as he cannot undo her loss.
Teenage Accused Faces Interim Bail For His 10th Board Exams
The JJB granted the 17-year-old accused teenager interim bail on February 10. The reason was his ongoing 10th Board Exams.
However, after his exams are over, he will have to surrender on March 9, 2026.
Until then, the accused will remain in his father’s custody under interim bail. The accused must also pay Rs 10,000, with one person guaranteeing the same amount. The bond is valid until March 9, 2026.
Accused Had Remarkable Academic Record
In the bail plea, it says that the accused teenager had a remarkable academic record, and it was also contended that the incident was purely accidental, having no personal intention to cause harm or death.
It is also reported that the boy cooperated with the investigation, informing the police himself, and did not flee after the accident.
For Hindi Reader, Please Click for aaj ki khabar.
Stay updated with the latest on Flypped
- AI Summit 2026: PM Modi Leads Delhi AI Summit Today
- Macron Applauds India for Producing CEOs of Top Global Companies
- Modi Calls France ‘Special Partner’, Launches H-125 Line with Macron
For more news updates, follow the Flypped Side of English News.
Click to read the full article